Friday, October 5, 2007

Our First 12 Weeks of Life

A big thanks to Marie and Joanne Richardson for presenting this to all of us. For it is true of every human life!

WEEK 1: Conception; I was smaller than a grain of sugar, but the instructions are present for all that i was to become.
WEEK 2: I attached and burrowed securely into the wall of my mother's womb.
WEEK 3: My blood vessels and sex cells formed. The foundations of my brain, spinal chord and nervous system were laid.
WEEK 4: My heart began to beat, and my eyes, ears and lungs began to form.
WEEK 5: My tiny arms and legs appeared, as well as my face. my blood became separate from my mom's.
WEEK 6: My tiny fingers and toes developed and my brain was divided into three parts for emotion and language, hearing, and seeing.
WEEK 7: Buds of my milk teeth appeared and 99% of my muscles were present. And my brain activity was detectable.
WEEK 8: I began to move spontaneously, and my body was by then well proportioned and about the size of a thumb. All of my organs were present, but immature. My skull, elbows, and knees were forming.
WEEK 9 : If prodded, my eyelids would close, you were able to tell that i was a girl and my muscular movement began.
WEEK 10: My fingerprints began to form and my nerve and muscle connections tripled. My eyelids were temporarily fused together to protect my delicate developing eyes.
WEEK 11: I began to "practice" breathing and facial expressions, even smiling.
WEEK 12: I was about three inches in length and weighed 2 oz. and had fine hair on my face. i was able to swallow and i could feel and respond to skin stimulation.

No comments: